Date:      Sat, 16 Dec 2006 04:29:50 +0100
From:      Max Laier <max@love2party.net>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Cc:        Jai <jai.unix@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: freebsd programming

--nextPart1723363.g9a4PvfRYB

On Friday 15 December 2006 20:33, Jai wrote:
> I am a student in Computer Science. I m moved ***** to FreeBSD from two
> year ago and enjoyed the power of BSD. But now I want to program it so
> that I customize it to get best results. I want to program it. I know
> shell programming, c programming. Is this knowledge is sufficient to
> program to FreeBSD or I need to learn more. Please guide me how can I
> make my desires true. Also tell me the steps by step development
> procedure of FreeBSD.

You will find a lot of interesting documentaion about FreeBSD programming=20
on the FreeBSD website when you click on the "Developers" link [1] in the=20
menu on top.

"The Design and Implementation of the FreeBSD Operating System" [2] is=20
also a recommended read if you want to get serious about kernel hacking.

Other than that, there is always learning by doing.  There is a list of=20
projects [3] that might be helpful to the community.  You can look there=20
and see if you feel up to pick up something.

[1] http://www.freebsd.org/projects/index.html
[2] ISBN 0201702452 (eng. - many translations available)
[3] http://www.freebsd.org/projects/ideas/

=2D-=20