Date:      Mon, 04 Jun 2012 13:29:40 +0200
From:      Miroslav Lachman <000.fbsd@quip.cz>
To:        Baptiste Daroussin <bapt@freebsd.org>
Cc:        Doug Barton <dougb@freebsd.org>, Bernhard Froehlich <decke@FreeBSD.org>, FreeBSD ports list <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: New OPTIONS and make.conf knobs

Bernhard Froehlich wrote:
> On 04.06.2012 11:55, Miroslav Lachman wrote:
>> There is another problem with options and portmaster.
>>
>> I have WITHOUT_X11=yes in make.conf and if I try to install
>> emulators/virtualbox-ose for the first time it immediately ends with
>> error message instead of showing options dialog.

>> # portmaster emulators/virtualbox-ose
>>
>> ===>>> Currently installed version: virtualbox-ose-4.1.16
>> ===>>> Port directory: /usr/ports/emulators/virtualbox-ose
>>
>> ===>>> This port is marked BROKEN
>> ===>>> QT4 frontend requires X11 support. Run 'make config' again!
>>

>> ===>>> If you are sure you can build it, remove the
>> BROKEN line in the Makefile and try again.
>> Terminated
>>

>> I don't know the order of processing options / knobs so I don't know
>> if this is the problem of portmaster, OPTIONSng or Makefile it-self.
>>
>> To fix this problem, I must manually run `make config` in ports
>> directory and uncheck QT4, then run portmaster again.
>
> That is not a bug at all. It was that way for the last 2 years and still
> is. The virtualbox ports do not use the new optionsng stuff yet and the
> problem that you are seeing is just because QT4 GUI without X11 doesn't
> make sense. If you don't want X11 you also don't want QT4.

Yes, that's right. But I am confused why portmaster does not show the
options dialog to let user uncheck QT4?

What I expect is:
- run portmaster
- show dialog with unchecked X11
- let user uncheck QT4
- save options in /var/db/ports
- show error about conflicting options

Now is:
- run portmaster
- show error about conflicting options

I don't know if it can be solved by portmaster, ports framework or
anything else.

Miroslav Lachman