Date:      Fri, 25 May 2001 10:22:06 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "tjk@tksoft.com" <tjk@tksoft.com>
To:        memphis_ms@gmx.net (Raoul Schroeder)
Cc:        freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG (FreeBSD Security)
Subject:   Re: 'nother IPFW question

Raoul,

1119 was probably a randomly selected port for the outgoing
connection. Try connecting to a web server somewhere. You will always
get a different port on your local side.

Port 113 is authd. Therefore, if you have sendmail running on your
machine, the query was most likely generated by sendmail as it was trying
establish the identity of a sender from the remote machine. (sendmail
always tries authd first. Failure to connect is not fatal.)

lsof will tell you what application is using the port.
lsof -i tcp:1119

Troy