Date:      Tue, 06 Mar 2012 12:30:44 -0600
From:      Ron McDowell <rcm@fuzzwad.org>
To:        Devin Teske <devin.teske@fisglobal.com>
Cc:        'Alexander Best' <arundel@freebsd.org>, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [PREVIEW] bsdconfig(8)

Not sure this will get to -hackers, I'm not on their list.  More below...

On 3/6/12 12:10 PM, Devin Teske wrote:
>> 3) when bsdconfig starts the note regarding the packages shouldn't state
>>     "Pascal". most people probably don't know what pascal is. ;) how about
>>     VirtualBox or chromium? these packages are probably used by a lot more
>>     users.
> ^_^ Agreed. Ron, can we change this?
>
> Thoughts: I'm thinking that we should name some high-visibility software here.
> Say... Firefox :-D

That text was snagged verbatim from sysinstall.  I'm open to any changes
there.

>> 4) do we really need fdisk and disklabel? hasn't freebsd moved onto gpart
>>     and glabel?
>>
> I've been thinking about this a lot lately.
>
> I've been thinking that we should combine the Fdisk and DiskLabel menus into a
> single menu that calls sade(8).
>
> Thoughts?

I'd agree with that for the 10.0 version.  For 9.x I'd rather see them
separate as that's the way they are in sysinstall.  Make sense?

--
Ron McDowell
San Antonio TX