Date:      Tue, 13 Jan 2004 11:04:18 +0200
From:      Peter Pentchev <roam@ringlet.net>
To:        Nick Twaddell <nick@webspacesolutions.com>
Cc:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: pam_chroot

--dMdWWqg3F2Dv/qfw

On Tue, Jan 13, 2004 at 12:38:28AM -0800, Nick Twaddell wrote:
> Has anyone got the pam_chroot module to successfully work in FreeBSD?  I
> have FreeBSD 5.2-RELEASE installed.  I copied the appropriate binaries and
> libraries into my chroot, I can chroot -u test -g test /home/test
> /usr/local/bin/bash and it works perfectly.  So now I am trying to get the
> pam module to work.  I added
> session                required        pam_chroot.so           debug
> into the /etc/pam.d/sshd file.  I changed my passwd file so my home dir is
> /home/test/./
>=20
> when I try to login as that user, it just kicks me right now.  There are =
no
> errors in the log :( =20
>=20
> Connection to wp1 closed by remote host.
> Connection to wp1 closed.
>=20
> Maybe someone in here can help.

What do you mean 'try to login as that user' - try to login as 'test',
or something else?

Do you have passwd, master.passwd, group, pwd.db and spwd.db files in
the /home/test/etc/ directory?  If not, copy the passwd, master.passwd
and group files from your /etc/ directory, remove the entries you do not
really need, then run pwd_mkdb /home/test/etc/master.passwd to build
the pwd.db and spwd.db files.

If that doesn't work, can you post the output of 'find /home/test -ls'

G'luck,
Peter

--=20
Peter Pentchev	roam@ringlet.net    roam@sbnd.net    roam@FreeBSD.org
The rest of this sentence is written in Thailand, on

--dMdWWqg3F2Dv/qfw

--dMdWWqg3F2Dv/qfw--