Date:      Sun, 16 Dec 2012 20:18:41 -0800
From:      Peter Wemm <peter@wemm.org>
To:        "Joseph A. Nagy, Jr" <jnagyjr1978@gmail.com>
Cc:        "amd64 @ FreeBSD" <freebsd-amd64@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Kernel Compile Fail

On Sun, Dec 16, 2012 at 3:43 PM, Joseph A. Nagy, Jr
<jnagyjr1978@gmail.com> wrote:
> I started my kernel compile with my custom settings[0] but it's failing at
> one point[1] and while I think I know why, I'd like a second opinion.
>
> [0]: http://codepad.org/EZTCVMZC
> [1]: http://codepad.org/58GFHGnE

You are missing the following entries:
device          scbus           # SCSI bus (required for ATA/SCSI)
device          da              # Direct Access (disks)
device          cd              # CD
device          pass            # Passthrough device (direct ATA/SCSI access)

ATA is now a cam/scbus/etc consumer and you took those out.
--
Peter Wemm - peter@wemm.org; peter@FreeBSD.org; peter@yahoo-inc.com; KI6FJV
"If Java had true garbage collection, most programs would delete