Date:      Fri, 15 Jun 2001 11:48:50 -0400
From:      Jason Stewart <jstewart@rtl.org>
To:        Boomerkitten@aol.com, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: loading freebsd-unix

To answer your question, Yes, If you install FreeBSD and choose to nuke
your FAT partition, you would effectively overwirte your OS.

If you have some sort of Partition Resizing software (Partition Magic,
FIPS, or something similar ) and enough drive space, you can install
freebsd in a new partition at the end of your drive. This is quite
difficult to get right if you do not read the docs carefully. The easy
solution would be to buy a new hard drive and install BSD on it.

There are plenty of Docs (handbook, FAQ's, etc) at www.freebsd.org that
will help you out much more than asking generalized questions here. These
resources have been invaluable to me.

Good Luck,
Jason Stewart