Date:      Thu, 7 Oct 2004 16:20:11 +0100
From:      Matthew Seaman <m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk>
To:        Jeremy Faulkner <gldisater@gldis.ca>, java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Azureus port skeleton for testing

--xHFwDpU9dbj6ez1V

On Thu, Oct 07, 2004 at 03:50:46PM +0200, Herve Quiroz wrote:

> - I don't have any pointer to justify my point but I am pretty sure
>   porters are encouraged to name their ports using lowercase characters.
>   I could be wrong so please anyone tell me if this is not the case.

These are not hard and fast rules, but generally directories in the
ports tree should be all lower case, eg:

    databases/phpmyadmin

while package names, $LATEST_LINK can be mixed case, but should start
with a lower case letter, eg:

    phpMyAdmin-2.5.7.1_1

(See
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/porters-handbook/makefile-=
naming.html#PORTING-PKGNAME)

Although see ports/68896 -- ports with mixed case names may not show
up in 'make search' under 5.x

	Cheers,

	Matthew

--=20