Date:      Tue, 22 Sep 1998 13:30:45 -0500
From:      "McKenna, Lee" <lee.mckenna@lodgenet.com>
To:        "'Panos GEVROS'" <P.Gevros@cs.ucl.ac.uk>, "'Luigi Rizzo'" <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
Cc:        "'net@FreeBSD.ORG'" <net@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: network problem?

If the card is an media/speed "auto-sensing" card, try disabling that
feature and hard coding the settings in the card's flash memory (i.e.
settings for 10BaseT vs. 10Base2, 10Mb vs. 100Mb, Half vs. Full
duplex)...you may have to boot to dos and use the card manufacturer's
setup disk.

A shot in the dark, but I've seen similar problems with different
operating systems...

--Lee