Date:      Mon, 13 Mar 1995 09:47:03 +1000
From:      Stephen Hocking <sysseh@devetir.qld.gov.au>
To:        current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Sound cards that are bi.

With all the sound stuff re-organisation, is there any provision for those
sound cards that are truly bi-directional, i.e. can simultaneously record and
play sound, usually over different DMA channels, such as the GUS and PAS16?
Some of the networked sound systems really love that sort of stuff. Note that
cards like the Soundblaster family are usually half-duplex, you can be
recording or playing, but not at the same time.

        I do not speak for the Worker's Compensation Board of Queensland -
                     They don't pay me enough for that!