Date:      Mon, 10 Apr 1995 02:42:09 +0800 (CST)
From:      Brian Tao <taob@gate.sinica.edu.tw>
To:        FREEBSD-PORTS-L <freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   mfsm 1.1 for FreeBSD

    Jordan was kind enough to give me an account on a machine at WC to
do some Motif work, so I hope to have some useful binaries done up
over the next few weeks.  Thanks, Jordan.  :)

    As a first test, I grabbed mfsm 1.1, a graphical "df" that
monitors your filesystems and alerts you visually and audibly to full
and nearly-full disks.  Only a few minor changes had to be made to the
Imakefile and mfsm.c to let you type "xmkmf ; make ; make install" and
go under FreeBSD.  It's in my ~/bin directory on time.cdrom.com if
anyone wants to try it out.  The diffs have been submitted to the
author so we can have proper FreeBSD support in the next version.

    I wanted to link in the Motif libraries statically so I could run
it on my system, but unfortunately the size of the binary went from
72K to around 1700K.  :(  Is there a better way to do this?  Like
linking in only the routines needed by the program?
taob@gate.sinica.edu.tw <-- work ........ play --> taob@io.org