Date:      Tue, 19 Sep 1995 13:33:12 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        ache@astral.msk.su (=?KOI8-R?Q?=E1=CE=C4=D2=C5=CA_=FE=C5=D2=CE=CF=D7?=)
Cc:        terry@lambert.org, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SYSCONS PROBLEM IDENTIFIED

> In message <tgsdmNmK14@ache.dialup.demos.ru>
>     =?KOI8-R?Q?=E1=CE=C4=D2=C5=CA_=FE=C5=D2=CE=CF=D7?= writes:
>
> >Colors are attributes for true SCO console. F.e. inverse attribute
> >emulates via colors which can have any value.
> >Bold attribute emulates via colors too.
>
> Vice versa is true too: attributes are colors.
> And there is NO WAY to distinguish colors from attributes,
> check ANSI escape codes for SCO console.

The SCO console supports ISO (not ANSI) escape sequences for colors 0-7
for foreground and background.

The SCO console has extensions in addition to this for colors 0-15.

The SCO console has an extension for changing the blink attribute
bit in the screen memory to high intensity, in respect of a workaround
to a CGA register setting, which is generally emulated on modern
VGA hardware.

If I type ^[[1m^[[H^[[J on an SCO console, the color will not be changed
from the default to the bold values (I just tried it).

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.