Date:      Mon, 08 Dec 1997 12:00:38 -0800
From:      lattamoreo <animal@skylink.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Network Help (Cable Modem)

 I use my bsd box over ppp and that is it....
I got a cable hookup from my cable modem and cannot set my machine up
to connect to the net....

I really need to know where and how to set my

 dns server search order
 gateway
 ip address
 hostname
 domainname

>From reading man's i got my two dns servers in resolv.conf in the /etc
dir and i in the one of the rc* it says gateway = and i have my gatway
address in there..

I set my ip address and netmask with the ifconfig command
and the hostname in one of the rc*

I do not know where to set the domain name in a script i thought it
would automatically be striped from the full hostname...

This still does not get me connected....???

Thank You
Lattamore Osburn....