Date:      Sun, 19 Nov 2000 15:37:31 -0500
From:      Andrew J Caines <A.J.Caines@altavista.net>
To:        andreas@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Ghostscript ports build broken by error in src/unix-gcc.mak

Andreas,

When building ghostscript6 and ghostscript55 [I didn't try ghostscript5]
using sources cvsup'ed a few hours ago, the build fails early due to a
syntax error in the second line of src/unix-gcc.mak, with the first three
lines of this file looking like

DEVICE_DEVS=
subwin(dialog,9,76,10,34) failed, maybe wrong dims
#    Copyright (C) 1997, 2000 Aladdin Enterprises.  All rights reserved.

After commenting that second line, the build and install worked fine.

One other oddity was the need for the file jpeglib.h resulting in the
unpacking of the jpeg-6b port rather than the use of the installed
/usr/local/include/jpeglib.h. Maybe I missed some other dependency, but
this seemed odd.

-Andrew-