Date:      Fri, 15 Mar 2002 13:52:24 GMT
From:      Neil Darlow <neil@darlow.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   ipfw rules problem

Hi,

I have a modified /etc/rc.firewall (simple section) that I use to
protect my home gateway system (4.5-RELENG).

I also source /etc/rc.firewall in my /etc/dhclient-exit-hooks after
DHCP has updated my IP address for any reason.

The problem I'm experiencing is that some firewall rules are being
duplicated at boot which throws my natd punch_fw rule.

Subsequently executing ". /etc/rc.firewall simple &" puts things
right again which is odd as this is the method I source rc.firewall
in dhclient-exit-hooks.

Does anyone have any ideas/clues as to why this might be happening?

Regards,
Neil Darlow M.Sc.
--=20
1024D/531F9048 1999-09-11 Neil Darlow <neil@darlow.co.uk>
GPG Fingerprint =3D 359D B8FF 6273 6C32 BEAA  43F9 E579 E24A 531F 9048