Date:      Wed, 23 Apr 2003 14:57:34 +0200
From:      benny <linux@marcrenearns.de>
To:        muc-lists-freebsd-hackers@moderators.muc.de
Subject:   Re: Sound drivers

what a great idea! the oss-driver is so performance-consuming - it sucks.
there are some great other envy24-chip-soundcards, like terratec ews 88mt or the famous hammerfall.
If you would add an alsa/jack compatibility-layer (for use with ardour), I even would donate to
you!!

its time to get freebsd usable for realtime-applications, as audio and
video-production-evironment!!!

please keep me informed

perhaps some links for you:

http://vcc.urz.tu-dresden.de/~fleck/bookmarks/freebsd_audiovideo.html