Date:      Sun, 06 May 2001 21:07:43 +0200
From:      Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@uunet.co.za>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
Cc:        Dennis Glatting <dennis.glatting@software-munitions.com>, freebsd-stable@frebsd.org, freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: pgm to kill 4.3 via vm

On Sun, 06 May 2001 04:47:24 MST, Kris Kennaway wrote:

> What resource limits have you set?

While that's a reasonable question when you're in a support role, I'd
certainly like to hear whether "FreeBSD freezes on memory exhaustion" is
something people "should just live with" or whether it's symptomatic of
a bug that someone might one day want to fix but which folks should, for
now, protect themselves against using resource limits.

From my recollection of past threads, it was my understanding that
having the operating system (though not all processes) "live through"
memory starvation was feasible.

Ciao,
Sheldon.