Date:      Mon, 8 Apr 1996 02:04:53 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        andrew@whine.com (Andrew Herdman)
Cc:        joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de, jmb@freefall.freebsd.org, freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.org, doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Archive Anaconda Tape drive 1.35GB && Adaptec 1542CF

As Andrew Herdman wrote:

> Sounds like a great idea.  I've got an Archive Python here, bought it
> used, and don't even know what the lights mean, let alone the internal
> dip switches, and that strange jack in the back.  In other words, sure
> the drive works fine, but I doubt i'm using it properly.

If it works, don't complain. :)

Should you find something unusal about it (works only when turned for
45 degrees, works best between 0300 and 0600 o'clock local time,
etc. :-), simply submit a FAQ entry for it later.  I wouldn't like to
collect the data sheets for 3 dozen different (out of the box working)
drives there, only the ``known rogues''.

--
cheers, J"org