Date:      Tue,  7 Jan 97 10:36:56 GMT
From:      Tim Bissell <tjb@fnbc.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Xfree 3.2 custom modelines

Hi,

I just swapped my Samsung 15GLe monitor for a higher frequency Samsung 15GLi,
and when running NEXTSTEP I use a resolution of 1152x864 @ 70Hz.  Does anyone
have a Modeline of > 1024x768, with a minimum frequency of 70Hz for this monitor?

I tried snipping a 1152x900 Modeline from a monitor with similar specs in
...X11/doc/Monitors, and fine-tuning with xvidtune (risky, I know ;-)
but it only displays at 60Hz.

I read Greg Lehey's guide to Custom Modelines in the FreeBSD book, but couldn't
relate it to the specs in the monitor manual.

Any help would be appreciated,

Tim

P.S.  Basic monitor specs are:

30-65 KHz horiz.