Date:      Mon, 13 Jul 1998 18:20:53 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Brian Tao <taob@risc.org>
To:        freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Booting AOpen AX59Pro with NCR875 SCSI

    I've got a nice Super 7 system here (AOpen AX59Pro motherboard,
Via MVP3 chipset, 300-MHz AMD K6-3D) that doesn't seem to want to boot
off its SCSI interface.  It has on-board EIDE, of course, and it has
no problem booting off its 9.1GB Seagate Medalist Pro UDMA drive.
However, the BIOS simply refuses to see the 4.5GB Quantum Viking drive
I have plugged in.

    Once I'm into Win98 or FreeBSD, the SCSI devices (the Viking and a
Toshiba CD-ROM) are recognized just fine.  If I pull the UDMA drive
out, the BIOS complains that there is no boot device.  I'm using the
Asus SC875 wide SCSI adapter, with the devices plugged into the
internal narrow interface.  I'm not sure if the AOpen has the NCR boot
BIOS, but it shouldn't matter, since the SC875 supplies that.

    Does anyone have this combination working under any OS?
--
Brian Tao (BT300, taob@risc.org)