Date:      Wed, 01 Feb 1995 15:20:54 +0200
From:      Mark Murray <mark@grondar.za>
To:        Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@ref.tfs.com>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.org, mark@grunt.grondar.za
Subject:   Re: SUP must die, CTM for president !!

> OK, I just had a chat with Jordan over a piece of cake (it's true !)

Sigh. This dispells the myth that jkh is a perl script... ;-)

Yeah! SUP's take a couple of hours round here, often for very little...

> We set up a machine, (thud probably) to run a shell script X times per day
> (X in [1..4]) which does a "make cleandist ; make obj ; make all" and if
> that succeeds it produces a CTM delta, which gets put in the public
> area on ftp.freebsd.org automatically and emailed to the ctm-src-cur
> mailing list at the same time.

Will these be proper diffs, or will SUPPpers (new-style) also have all the
old deleted crud hanging around too?

> Advantages:
>
> Ftp can be used for transfer, it is much more efficient than sup
> I'm well connected, 6 hops to freefall, and I only use 50% of my
> modems bandwidth with sup.. :-(

I use about 2%...

> What do you think ?

You've got my vote...

--
Mark Murray
46 Harvey Rd, Claremont, Cape Town 7700, South Africa