Date:      Sun, 5 Nov 2006 12:59:29 -0900
From:      Beech Rintoul <freebsd@alaskaparadise.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        Simon Gao <gao@schrodinger.com>
Subject:   Re: Cleanly remove a package

--nextPart2869933.WcSzizjXk0

On Sunday 05 November 2006 12:52, Simon Gao wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a question hope someone can help.
>
> When upgrading a package say vsftpd, I used port install. After newer
> version is installed, I have both newer and older versions being listed
> if run pkg_info. The newer version works fine.
>
> However, I can not run "make deinstall" after installing the newer
> version because after port tree being updated, there is no make file for
> older version. Plus I can't run "make deinstall" on a live machine until
> newer package installed.
>
> Any help is appreciated.
>
> Simon

Run pkgdb -F and it will ask you if you want to unregister one of them.

Cheers

Beech

=2D-=20
Beech Rintoul - Sys. Administrator - beech@alaskaparadise.com
/"\   ASCII Ribbon Campaign  | Alaska Paradise Travel
\ / - NO HTML/RTF in e-mail  | 201 East 9Th Avenue Ste.310
/ \  - Please visit Alaska Paradise - http://www.alaskaparadise.com