Date:      Sat, 21 Jun 2003 23:47:25 +0800
From:      "Fortuna - Temp" <temp@studio9000.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Floppy Disk Help - 030621

Support,

I am currently having a floppy disk drive problem.  I have searched all =
over the Internet for a solution to my problem and I have not found an =
answer.  You are my last resort. =20

For a long time I always mounted the floppy drive by typing, "mount =
/dev/fd0 /floppy," and it worked fine.  Then one day I rebooted the =
system without unmounting 'fd0,' and now I cannot access it. =20

I have tried different command combinations and nothing works. =20

I keep on getting the following error:
mount: /dev/fd0: Device not configured

Later after researching my problem, I found out that I could have used =
'mtools' all along.  When I tried using 'mtools,' to access the 'fd0' I =
get the following error:
plain_io: Device not configured
init A: could not read boot sector
cannot initialize 'A:'

Do you have any suggestions.  I would really appreciate it if you can =
help out.

Fortuna