Date:      Mon, 23 Sep 1996 22:20:03 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu>
To:        mrroper@artnet.net, Gary Kline <kline@tera.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions Mailgroup <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: Which ver of FreeBSD?

Gary Kline forwarded this on to the FreeBSD support list
<questions@freebsd.org> in case you are wondering wher this came from :)

On Mon, 23 Sep 1996, Gary Kline wrote:

> I hope this is the last bunch of questions I have to ask you :)
> Which version of FreeBSD should I get and WHERE do I get it?
> Can I get it all in one file?

You can grab FreeBSD from

ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/2.1.5-RELEASE

Grab the 'INSTALL' file and read that for installation instructions.
Cruise around http://www.freebsd.org for more information, or ask us.

It won't be one big file; it'll be several directories.  The easiest thing
is to buy the CDROM from Walnut Creek.

> In the installation file in the FTP, it says I cant use stuff like
> stacker or double space.  I use SoftRAM 95, which doubles my RAM, not
> hard drive space.  Is that ok or should I uninstall it?
> Robert

It only runs under Win95, so it won't impact your installation.