Date:      Sun, 13 Feb 2005 14:51:15 +0100
From:      Willem Jan Withagen <wjw@withagen.nl>
To:        Andrew J Caines <A.J.Caines@halplant.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Devilator - performance monitoring for FreeBSD

Andrew J Caines wrote:
> I'd also vouch for collecting orcallator data using rsync over ssh from the
> client systems to the cruching and report generating server.

Wait until you would like to do a larger server park. Then you start
running into performance issues because you nee to setup a full ssh/tcp
connection. Whereas SNMP-v3 over UDP is a lot faster and simpler. And it
is not like you are transporting majore security type data????

I'm still using a large number of hosts with v1 and IP-number locking as
"security".

--WjW