Date:      Mon, 21 Aug 2006 17:03:12 +0200
From:      Willem Jan Withagen <wjw@withagen.nl>
To:        hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problem with new ASUS K8N-LR motherbord and 3ware 9550SX

Hi,

I'm trying to build a large file server, for which I picked:

Asus K8N-LR server board with dual core opteron 165
1Gb
8*250 Western Digital SATA Gb on a 3ware 9550SX controller.

However, i ran into a snag here.

As soon as I put the board into the motherboard, the system no longer wants to
boot.... It still reports a IDE disk can cd-rom player found. But after that
the system freezes.... Sort of like the controller gets lost in it's own BIOS.

2Ware her in Europe/Germany is not very abble to help any further.
The Asus board is already at it's newest Bios revision.

I've actually picked the 3ware controller after talking to 3ware people at
CeBIT. And good impressions on current@ and stable@. Never considering that
this might be a problem that still existed.

Any suggestions for getting this solved...

--WjW

Please also cc: me since I'm not subscribed to hardware@