Date:      Wed, 12 Feb 1997 16:44:07 +0300 (MSK)
From:      "Mikhail A. Sokolov" <mishania@demos.su>
To:        bde@zeta.org.au (Bruce Evans)
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org, mishania@demos.su, ache@nagual.ru, bag@demos.su, current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: upcoming version suggestions

> >to something like 1024, - then you don't need to recompile kernel as

It was kind of a typo, - I Re:'d myself in a while.
What I mean is that any change of default FDSETSIZE in kernel means us
to recompile user binaries.

> restricted to the old value of FDSETSIZE (256).  This can't be fixed
> without breaking binary compatibility :-(.

What I suggest is to check if there is a possibility to set fdsetsize
to 1024 in distributions, and, of course, have binaries of the system
to know about that 1024.

> Bruce

-mishania