Date:      Thu, 15 Jan 1998 01:41:04 -0800
From:      Pavel May <nazgul@sure.net>
To:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   wdc0 not found :(

Hello.

I am using a (shudder) Packard Bell system, but I have installed an SIIG
ISA IDE controller card as the HD controller. It is running a 2.5 GB HD
and an IDE CD-ROM. Accordind to win95, the IDE channel 1 is on IRQ 14,
port 0x01f0 to 0x01f7, IDE2 is on IRQ15 port 0x0170 to 0x0177 and port
0x0376 to 0x0376.

the machine boots into command mode just fine, and the values in
UserConfigure are the same as what Win95 uses, yet when the ISA bus is
scanned, the wdc0 is not found (the wdc1 is found, at IRC15, IO 0x0170,
with what looks to me the proper parameters for the cd-rom)...

needless to say, I cannot continue instlling FreeBSD :(

in short: heeeeeelp :)

thanks

					Pavel May