Date:      Tue, 28 Nov 1995 23:02:38 -0500 (EST)
From:      Robert N Watson <rnw+@andrew.cmu.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freefall.FreeBSD.org
Subject:   2.1.0-RELEASE, bpfilter w/CAP problem

I upgraded from 2.0.5 to 2.1.0 this afternoon -- I was running CAP to
provide appleshare for then LAN I'm on, but when I recompiled the 2.1.0
kernel with pseudo-device bpfilter 12, the bpf's failed to attach to my
ethernet device on boot.  I deleted the /dev's for bpfilter, bpf0-11,
and recreated them, and still no improvement.  It simply skips attaching
them to ed0 (and any other device).  I did a strings of my /kernel, and
the bpfilter code is definitely in there, as I get several bpfilter
configured error.  Yes, I did copy in the new kernel source :).

Any help would be greatly appreciated :).  Oh, and great job on 2.1.0 --
I'm very happy with it -- my only suggestion would be to make it easier
to change the selected distribution in an upgrade -- I accidently chose
the wrong one and found I had to reboot to change it (or just plain
missed the palce to change it -- I would include that in options,
personally, if you want to include ftp there?:)

Thanks again for a great product..

Robert
----
    Robert Watson (rnw+@andrew.cmu.edu) * Double major: IDS/CS * H&SS