Date:      Sat, 15 Jun 2002 19:42:55 -0400
From:      Bill Moran <wmoran@potentialtech.com>
To:        sroberts@dsl.pipex.com
Cc:        FreeBSD-Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>, mbr@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Is anyone actually running Openoffice-1.0.0 successfully on FreeBSD?

Stacey Roberts wrote:
> Hi,
>   I'm hoping to introduce openoffice as a (long awaited) replacement for
> Star Office here.
>
> I checked the mailing lists (ports and questions), but could only find
> comments on various problems others have been having without any of the
> replies that indicates that anyone's actually got this installed and
> working (as it says on the tin).
>
> If anyone does indeed have openoffice-1.0.0 successfully running, please
> get let the rest of us know of your experiences with it, okay?
> Thanks.

I don't know if it counts, but we've been experimenting with the Windows
build and have been pretty happy with it so far.  Unfortunately, the last
time I looked at installing the FreeBSD version, it required something
like 4G and my test machine isn't that spaceous.  Before we can switch,
we need something that runs on both our FreeBSD and Windows workstations,
so we haven't really used it too extensively yet.

--
Bill Moran
Potential Technologies