Date:      Thu, 15 Dec 2016 08:36:41 -0600
From:      Kyle Evans <bsdports@kyle-evans.net>
To:        =?UTF-8?B?R29yYW4gTWVracSH?= <meka@tilda.center>
Cc:        Boris Samorodov <bsam@passap.ru>, freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Arduino Due

On Thu, Dec 15, 2016 at 5:11 AM, Goran Meki=C4=87 <meka@tilda.center> wrote=
:
> Hello,
>
> So I did a little checks and I think it's the cross compiling that's faul=
ty. I generated blink led .bin file on Linux and FreeBSD. I can flash any o=
f them from FreeBSD using bossac, and Linux .bin file works, FreeBSD one do=
esn't (the led is always lit). I checked the commands Arduino IDE is using =
on Linux and FreeBSD, and they are the same. I tried this with arm-none-eab=
i-gcc versions 4.9, 5.3 and 6.2. As all those versions are failing, maybe i=
t's not GCC but binutils or something like that (just a wild guess). I woul=
d be really grateful if someone could tell me how to pinpoint the error eve=
n more. Thank you!

> Just for reference, on Arduino Due the MCU is Cortex M3.
>
> Regards,
> meka

 Hi,

That's interesting. I was able to successfully program my Due's with
FreeBSD-compiled projects a couple of times -- generally simple ones
that just connected and tested the serial plotter/monitor.

However, we do differ from upstream a bit in that upstream seems to be
sticking to arm-none-eabi-gcc 4.8.3 -- I kind of wonder if we're
missing some flags in compilation/linking, but that wouldn't really
explain why my simple tests worked out. =3D(