Date:      Sun, 19 Jul 1998 12:05:19 +0200 (CEST)
From:      hm@kts.org (Hellmuth Michaelis)
To:        martin@rumolt.teuto.de (Martin Husemann)
Cc:        kuku@gilberto.physik.RWTH-Aachen.DE, freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: sometimes ipr0 doesn't send packets - it seems

Martin Husemann wrote:

> > The usual infamous 'jhs-beep' could be heard, vty6 was showing
> > rwth: incoming alert, rwth: call active (ctl 0 , ch 0) etc.
> > but no packets. Nothing. Not even a ping to the peer point
> > possible.
>
> Just FYI: I've seen this same thing happen randomly (not very often) with an
> old bisnd installation. When it happens, the b-channel interrupt handler is
> called with the card denying any need for a b-channel interrupt, so the
> handler does nothing and returns. (I've watched the interrupt handler with
> remote gdb.)

I've put a check into the interrupt handler to print out a message when this
happens. Anyway i've no idea currently how to avoid this situation (i'm not
even able to reproduce it).

hellmuth
--
Hellmuth Michaelis                hm@kts.org                   Hamburg, Europe
  A duck is like a bicycle because they both have two wheels except the duck