Date:      Wed, 20 Oct 1999 12:45:48 +0200
From:      Koen Schreel <K.R.A.M.Schreel@wtb.tue.nl>
To:        Luoqi Chen <luoqi@watermarkgroup.com>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: aic driver camified

I also tried to experiment with the aic driver (and also failed, little
similar to Ilya's problems)

Configuration:

Asus P2B-DS motherboard with dual PII-350, 128 Mb of memory, running
4.0-19990918-CURRENT.
Adaptec AIC 7890 on-board U2W SCSI controller.
Adaptec AVA 1505 (AIC 6360Q) isa SCSI controller.

Connected to the isa card is a scanner (Genius Colorpage-I, announcing
itself as a Microtek Scanmaker II) which is properly terminated and has
SCSI id6.

Kernel settings:

controller aic0 at isa? port 0x340 irq 11

The controller is successfully found at boot time, but the boot `hangs'
(or has a laaaarge timeout) with:

(probe21:aic0:0:6:0)ccb 0xc0c01e00 - timed out
(probe21:aic0:0:6:0)ccb 0xc0c01e00 - timed out

Both messages appear shortly after each other and then the scanner seems
to reinitialize.

If I boot with the scanner switched off, the startup is completed
normally. If I then switch on the scanner, let it initialize, and issue
a `camcontrol rescan 1', the command never completes and is not
killable. The command `camcontrol rescan 0' completes normally after
which a `camcontrol devlist' correctly lists

<IBM DCAS-34330W S65A>             at scbus0 target 0 lun 0 (pass0,da0)
<IMS CDD2000/00 1.26>              at scbus0 target 2 lun 0 (pass1,cd0)

as devices. What puzzles me is why the probe at the aic0 wants to look
at bus 0. Shouldn't that be bus 1? Or should I add a scbus1 line in my
config file (I think of this while I type, I will try this when I have
sent this message)

TIA

Koen.

--
Dr. K.R.A.M. Schreel         |   Eindhoven University of Technology
                             |   Faculty of Mechanical Engineering
Combustion Research          |   Section Energy Technology
K.R.A.M.Schreel@wtb.tue.nl   |   5600 MB  Eindhoven, The Netherlands