Date:      Mon, 7 Oct 1996 21:24:20 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Andreas Klemm <andreas@klemm.gtn.com>
To:        Gabor Zahemszky <zgabor@CoDe.hu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, grog@lemis.de
Subject:   Re: help on newfs and a new partition

On Mon, 7 Oct 1996, Gabor Zahemszky wrote:

> Only one another problem: if I remember well, cp cannot handle hard links
> (somebody've written a question about it!).  If you try it on /stand,
> you'll get a hundred different files, instead of hundred hard links.
> So, it's better to use this one.
> Or try these:
> a)
> cd /usr/local ; find . -depth -print | cpio -pumd /mnt
> b)
> cd /usr/local ; find . -depth -print | pax -rw /mnt
> c) something like this:
> cd /usr/local ; pax -rw . -d /mnt

I saw a problem report about pax breaking things in filesystem or
such ... perhaps better use cpio ?! ;-)

__
andreas@klemm.gtn.com         /\/\___      Wiechers & Partner Datentechnik GmbH
   Andreas Klemm          ___/\/\/         Support Unix -- andreas.klemm@wup.de
pgp p-key  http://www-swiss.ai.mit.edu/~bal/pks-toplev.html  >>> powered by <<<
ftp://sunsite.unc.edu/pub/Linux/system/Printing/aps-491.tgz  >>>    FreeBSD <<<