Date:      Wed, 02 Nov 2011 21:03:28 +0100
From:      Koop Mast <kwm@rainbow-runner.nl>
To:        Kostik Belousov <kostikbel@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Intel driver patch 11.0

On 2-11-2011 8:57, Kostik Belousov wrote:
> The patch 11.0 contains the merge of the latest Linux changes after the
> 3.2 merge window was opened. Mostly, there are fixes for (e)DP, which I
> am not convinced are working on FreeBSD at all, and further support for
> the not yet released IvyBridge.
>
> Also, I fixed a FreeBSD-specific regression in GEM which seems to cause
> random GPU hangs several people reported to me.
>
> Still no estimation of the time when the code will be committed in HEAD.
> I am sorry, but this is not under my control.

After recompiling HEAD with the 11.0 patch. When loaded the i915 module
doesn't do anything any more on my Sandybridge system. Using verbose
boot and kldload -v only shows that the i915 module got a id, no kernel
log about drm or anything else. I also noticed it only loads the drm
module and non of the iic* modules. The 10.3 patch works.

I'm don't know how to get more information out of this that will be
useful, to finding out what's happening here.

vgapci1@pci0:0:2:0:     class=0x030000 card=0x15f21043 chip=0x01168086
rev=0x09 hdr=0x00
     vendor     = 'Intel Corporation'
     device     = '2nd Generation Core Processor Family Integrated
Graphics Controller'
     class      = display
     subclass   = VGA

-Koop