Date:      Fri, 11 Oct 2019 10:24:09 +0200
From:      Tamas Szakaly <sghctoma@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: sway-1.2_1 crashes

> John Kennedy <warlock@phouka.net> writes:
>
> > On Mon, Oct 07, 2019 at 04:23:40PM -0700, John Kennedy wrote:
> >
> >>   In any case, this AM, I crunched up the latest 12.1b3 (r353280), upgraded to
> >> this mornings ports (since I saw wlroots bump up), made sure about the DRM
> >> driver and have been doing a stress test of sorts.  In this case, a poudriere
> >> run of my ~520 ports and getting my load average up to 12+.  Up 2.41 hours
> >> so far.  Previous record was more in tens of minutes as I was doing stuff.
> >
> >   It made it ~24 hours before I screwed it up (alt-shift-F# console switching).
> > Looks more like the keyboard was disabled (tested via caps-lock-light test) vs
> > any kind of video problem. Have to try your trick next time.
>
> VT switching is broken in Sway, see https://github.com/swaywm/sway/issues/3612
> Other than direct session Sway can use ConsoleKit2 if wlroots is built with
> CONSOLEKIT port option enabled. But I don't remember if it helps VT swich issue.

Hi,
I've already left a comment on the Sway issue, but thought I should also
mention it here, that the broken VT switching is not a sway/wlroots issue, but
a libepoll-shim one. See https://github.com/jiixyj/epoll-shim/pull/7 for
details. VT switching works on my 13.0-CURRENT HardenedBSD system with the
latest version of libepoll-shim from jiixyj's repo.

I think that issue could cause other weird behaviour too, so maybe it worth
checking if these crashes occur with the latest version of libepoll-shim.

Cheers,
Toma