Date:      Tue, 26 Jun 2012 21:49:41 +0200
From:      =?iso-8859-2?Q?Edward_Tomasz_Napiera=B3a?= <trasz@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Mark Felder <feld@feld.me>
Cc:        freebsd-geom@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: GEOM provider resizing.

Wiadomo=B6=E6 napisana przez Mark Felder w dniu 26 cze 2012, o godz. =
21:05:
> On Tue, 26 Jun 2012 11:27:05 -0500, Edward Tomasz Napiera=B3a =
<trasz@freebsd.org> wrote:
>>=20
>> Review and testing is welcome.  Thanks to FreeBSD Foundation for =
sponsoring
>> this.
>=20
> Does this possibly provide the ability to resize a geom mirror? I =
could definitely use that functionality.

No, unfortunately not.  It would be great to have, but it's rather hard
to do, because gmirror, just like most other GEOM classes, stores its
metadata at the end of the provider.  I've also asked Alexander Motin
about metadata formats supported by graid(8), and it looks like all
of them have the same problem.  It is possible to implement it after
this patch goes in, but it was not part of the project.

--=20
If you cut off my head, what would I say?  Me and my head, or me and my =
body?