Date:      27 Apr 2002 15:10:29 -0000
From:      atk2@arctic.org
To:        atk2@arctic.org, benjamin@macguire.net
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, scott.mitchell@mail.com
Subject:   Re: checking hard disk -- hdparm like tool?

Yep the cdrom is in dma mode -- I know because I had to manually set it via
sysctl -w ....

Er - I mean it now says it is in dma mode though who really knows. The
dvd is a lite-163 - the hard drive is a maxtor ata 133 (60xxxL2 model).
(For those who wonder the L model is identical to the J model but has
liquid bearing or something like that - $5 more).

Alan