Date:      Thu, 5 Oct 2000 21:35:40 -0400
From:      Bill Fumerola <billf@chimesnet.com>
To:        Matt Heckaman <matt@ARPA.MAIL.NET>
Cc:        Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>, FreeBSD-ADVOCACY <freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: BSD Magazine (Advertiser Responses)

On Thu, Oct 05, 2000 at 06:26:24PM -0400, Matt Heckaman wrote:

> Hell, I would like to see a firewall book based off FreeBSD's ipfw. AFAIK
> the O'Reilly books is based off ipfilter, but don't quote me on that. One
> could always translate between ipfilter and ipfw, but that is NOT
> something to be doing when you're trying to learn something.

I don't think there's enough material to cover a whole book on ipfw without
duplicating other firewalling books.

On that note, if someone approached me with a large enough check, I'd love to
write a chapter or two in the excellent ORA Building Internet Firewall about
FreeBSD + ipfw + other things to firewall.

--
Bill Fumerola - Network Architect, BOFH / Chimes, Inc.
                billf@chimesnet.com / billf@FreeBSD.org