Date:      Mon, 22 Nov 1999 07:05:06 -0800 (PST)
From:      Gordon Price <rgptechnologies@yahoo.com>
To:        des@flood.ping.uio.no
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   3.3 install problems sent to bugs by mis-understanding

Dear Dag,

     Thanks for your help. I made the obvious mistake
of buying the FREEBSD MANUAL at the conferrence and
using it to describe how to install my system. I have
used install.bat several times in the past on 3.1 and
previous versions without problems. Excuse me for
reading the book I just paid $70. for.
     I probably did not make my email clear enough and
provoked an out of bounds response from you. I
actually did create the 2 floppies (kern & msfboot)
and when I rebooted the system with the kern floppy, I
got the elf error I spoke of. I was expecting to be
querried by the installation to insert the other
floppy, and for some reason never actually got to that
point. There are several things I could have done
wrong. The most obvious thing is thinking that the
install was the same as it used to be! My bad!
     Sometimes I admit that I miss important details,
but I have never submitted questions or bugs to you
guys so I need to understand the right way to go about
it to get results. I have tried submitting questions
to XF86 and have never even been dignified with a
"bite me".
     I am a strong believer in you guys hard work and
would like to offer all the evangelistic support I
can. I am at least half ways competent and obviously
just missed something somewhere.

Thanks,
R. Gordon Price
Lead Engineer