Date:      Wed, 30 Jul 2008 20:52:12 +0200
From:      Dominik Meister <dm-lists@meisternet.ch>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Cc:        nico-freebsd-btxhalt2008@schottelius.org
Subject:   Re: BTX halted on boot

--19uQFt6ulqmgNgg1

Hi Doug

Thanks a lot for your answer.

Doug Barton [Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 11:33:51AM -0700]:
> Assuming you simply rebooted the machine and did no other changes,=20
> this is likely to be disk corruption (probably due to age). If the=20
> symptoms persist, try taking this opportunity to install 6.3 (you have=20
> backups of all the data and configurations, right?) and see if that=20
> helps. If not, your disk is toast.

Seems like it's really a hardware problem. We are currently restoring to
another machine/disk and hopefully this will do the trick. Unfortunately
we are not yet able to move to 6.3 (or even 7.0) because of a third
party application which runs on this server and which does only support
6.2 atm.

Thanks,
Dominik

--=20