Date:      Sun, 21 Nov 1999 01:45:16 -0800
From:      Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
To:        Tom <tom@sdf.com>
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: AMI MegaRAID driver

>   What MegaRAID cards have you used and work?  What MegaRAID cards don't
> work for sure (I know the Enterprise 1500 is currently in this category)?

I have tested with the 418 and 428 (Enterprise 1200).  I have reason to
believe that the 438 (Enterprise 1300) also works.  I've tested one of
the Express family (466), however I expect all of them to work.

>   Basically, as you suggested, I decided to commit to the MegaRAID card
> for a production server, but I'm totally lost on which card to order.  The
> MegaRAID Express 300 is a card that I'm considering.
>
>   BTW, AMI has a cool buy one, get one free deal going on at
> http://www.ami.com right now.  I'd like to take advantage of this offer,
> and get a bunch of cards.

I'd go with Geoff's suggestion.  Buy the card(s) that meet your
requirements, and if they don't work send one to me.  Easy fix.