Date:      Thu, 18 Jun 1998 07:59:53 +1000 (EST)
From:      John Birrell  <jb@cimlogic.com.au>
To:        hasty@rah.star-gate.com (Amancio Hasty)
Cc:        jb@cimlogic.com.au, mestery@winternet.com, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: src/lib/libc_r/uthread uthread_sig.c

Amancio Hasty wrote:
> Yeap, just finished testing over here and MT_SOCK_Test is failing :(
>
> Not sure if this is our fault . It appears that a select is failing
> due to getting a SIGCHLD . If I change uthread_sig.c to not
> set the interrupted bit when we get  SIGCHLD, the MT_SOCK_Test appears
> to pass. My take is that something else failed other than the wait4
> and there is possibly a bug in the test for not being able to handle
> properly an interrupted select call.

I think it is a bug in libc_r. If the test program has SIG_DFL declared
as the signal handler for SIGCHLD, then the signal is supposed to be
discarded. And I assume that if a signal is discarded, it should not
interrupt the state that a thread is waiting in. I'll check this, then
I'm going on another ACE vacation. 8-)

--
John Birrell - jb@cimlogic.com.au; jb@freebsd.org http://www.cimlogic.com.au/
CIMlogic Pty Ltd, GPO Box 117A, Melbourne Vic 3001, Australia +61 418 353 137