Date:      Thu, 5 Jul 2001 14:50:55 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Andrew Gallatin <gallatin@cs.duke.edu>
To:        freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org, developers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Out of it for a few weeks

I just wanted to send out a "heads up" saying that I'm moving 500
miles and changing jobs in the next few weeks. I'm currently spending
most of my time packing & tying up loose ends here at Duke, so I won't
keeping up with FreeBSD issues very well. For those of you interested
in details:

My wife has completed her postdoc here at Duke and is going to be a
tenure track Statistics Professor in the Math Dept. at Kenyon College.
Kenyon is a nationally recruiting liberal arts college located 1.5
hours from Columbus, OH in a town called Gambier.  Gambier has a
year-round population of 800 people and not very many hi-tech
employers, so I'll be working for Myricom (makers of Myrinet, and they
do have FreeBSD drivers ;).  They're located in Los Angeles.  I'll be
spending about 1 week per month in LA, and the rest will be in my home
office.

My last day at Duke is Tuesday, July 10th.  After I leave Duke, I'll
be loosing access to the majority of "my" interesting alpha hardware
and I'll be restricted to my UP1000 and my miata.  I don't start at
Myricom until mid August, so I'll have a nice little vacation too.

We expect the moving truck to pick up our stuff on Friday, the 13th.
Hopefully, we'll have internet access in the new place by the
following Monday, but you never know.  If the movers don't loose our
stuff, I'll probably be too busy unpacking to care..

Cheers,

Drew