Date:      Mon, 12 Feb 2018 10:32:56 -0800
From:      bob prohaska <fbsd@www.zefox.net>
To:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   RPI3 can't build kernel-toolchain

On a Pi3 running r328935 trying to build sources at 329171 a
make -j2 kernel-toolchain fails with
/usr/bin/ld: error: duplicate symbol:
>>> defined at ASTImporter.o:() in archive /usr/obj/usr/src/arm64.aarch64/tmp/obj-tools/lib/clang/libclang/libclang.a

Tried updating the source tree and didn't seen any relevant changes,
no luck using the -DNO_CLEAN option. The machine can't seem to get
very far with j > 2, so cleaning will slow things by days.

I'll try cleaning by degrees, but am unclear on the order. Is the sequence
from least-to-most-thorough something like:

make clean
make cleandir
2nd make cleandir
rm -rf /usr/obj/usr/