Date:      Sat, 15 Jun 2002 17:00:09 -0700
From:      Gary D Kline <kline@thought.org>
To:        Bill Moran <wmoran@potentialtech.com>
Cc:        sroberts@dsl.pipex.com, FreeBSD-Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>, mbr@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Is anyone actually running Openoffice-1.0.0 successfully on FreeBSD?

On Sat, Jun 15, 2002 at 07:42:55PM -0400, Bill Moran wrote:
> Stacey Roberts wrote:
> >Hi,
> >  I'm hoping to introduce openoffice as a (long awaited) replacement for
> >Star Office here.
> >
> >I checked the mailing lists (ports and questions), but could only find
> >comments on various problems others have been having without any of the
> >replies that indicates that anyone's actually got this installed and
> >working (as it says on the tin).
> >
> >If anyone does indeed have openoffice-1.0.0 successfully running, please
> >get let the rest of us know of your experiences with it, okay?
> >Thanks.
>
> I don't know if it counts, but we've been experimenting with the Windows
> build and have been pretty happy with it so far.  Unfortunately, the last
> time I looked at installing the FreeBSD version, it required something
> like 4G and my test machine isn't that spaceous.  Before we can switch,
> we need something that runs on both our FreeBSD and Windows workstations,
> so we haven't really used it too extensively yet.

	4GB how!  On this new server I've got 256M of RAM and 40G
	disk....   What might help people like me who want to build
	from src is to have a cheat-sheet of temporary system
	configurations.  ---I've been watching the OO build steps,
	but with less than full attention.

	gary

--
   Gary Kline     kline@thought.org   www.thought.org     Public service Unix