Date:      Wed, 18 Feb 1998 17:35:03 -0500 (EST)
From:      Tim Vanderhoek <ac199@hwcn.org>
To:        Matt Behrens <matt@zigg.com>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Jordan's challenge (imap-uw)

On Wed, 18 Feb 1998, Matt Behrens wrote:

> I suppose we'd really want the c-client shared library working, ideally;
> esp. considering possible high load conditions; but on my little ol' box

I doubt it's worth it.  Dyson has repeatedly given reasons why
shared-libs are over-rated, especially in a case such as this
(few client programs).  In addition to imap-uw, the only port
using c-client that I know of is tkrat.  It'd be nice if the
c-client headers were installed in a subdir of inclue/.  Or,
break c-client out as a separate port.

> what was breaking the current port.  I won't comment about software
> maintainers changing file structures so radically and not even changing
> the tarball name except to say "Yeesh".

You're being gentle.

--
 tIM...HOEk
OPTIMIZATION: the process of using many one-letter variables names