Date:      Sat, 9 Feb 2002 12:25:30 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Tim Joseph <tim.spam@spicy.org.uk>
To:        Fuji Zhang <fzhang3@csd.uwo.ca>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: user mount cdrom

Hi,

Type the following as root, without rebooting:

sysctl vfs.usermount=1

but to maintain the effect after a reboot, add the following line to
/etc/sysctl.conf:

vfs.usermount=1

Then you should be able to mount drives as an ordinary user, but with the
following limits:

1) If user X mounts the drive, only root or user X can umount it
2) User X can only mount a drive within their own directories, ie
/home/X/cdrom

This is from my own experience, YMMV

HTH

From,