Date:      Mon, 3 Feb 2003 15:35:04 -0500
From:      Mikhail Teterin <mi+mx@aldan.algebra.com>
To:        Wesley Morgan <morganw@chemikals.org>
Cc:        gnome@FreeBSD.org, anholt@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: ports/x11/kdebase3 Makefile

On Monday 03 February 2003 02:26 pm, Wesley Morgan wrote:
= On Mon, 3 Feb 2003, Mikhail Teterin wrote:
=
= > Qt-3.1 can be configured with ``-xft'' and with very minor patching
= > will build against Xft2. Do we want such a thing? I have it built
= > that way, and the characters seem to look better on my screen.
= >
= > Will our next XFree86-4-libraries provide Xft2 instead of Xft?

= I believe it will, but as "libXft.so.2". I have installed the cvs
= version on my system and QT links against it with no problems or
= adjustments necessary.

The present x11-fonts/Xft installs libXft2.so.1 instead of libXft.so.2
I think, the port needs to be corrected -- and/or its interaction with
XFree86-4-clients reworked, but if the next XFree86 will have it
included, there is no need to bother.

	-mi