Date:      Fri, 3 May 2002 23:33:24 -0400
From:      <lists@brenius.com>
To:        <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Mylex RAID to Asus Symbios SCSI Card

Hello,

I am new to this situation, so please bare with me. :D

Scenario:

FreeBSD 4.3R
Mylex SCSI/RAID controller w/ x2 Seagate ST318436LW's in RAID1

Controller is removed and is no longer available. Replacement is an Asus
Symbios SCSI
card which appears to be run at SCSI-3 (40MB/s).

Server was shutdown properly, original Mylex card was removed and Asus card
was
inserted. So I knew the OS would yell at me for a totally different HD
controller and
will obviously not boot up fully, and is currently stuck at:

Mounting root from ufs: /dev/mlxd0s1a
No such device 'mlxd'
Setrootbyname failed
ffs_mountroot: can't find rootup
Root mount failed: 6

Mountroot>

Now, the pause key is not working on the keyboard, but it appears as though
the SCSI
card is seeing the drives OK and seems to be named as sym0. But, of course
is stuck at
what I typed above.

So besides what few keystrokes (which I am baffed on, cause I don`t know
this part of
the OS) at this prompt, any other things I would need to do for the OS to
boot up properly
and run as if the Mylex card was back in, minus the RAID? :D

Thank you for your help in advance. :D

Dan